Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bad, bad music

Boulder had snow today, lots of it.  My wife and I shoveled several times, yet when I went out late tonight there was at least another inch covering the walk.   Why should snow make for bad music?  I'm clueless, but Comcast must know.  I've been trying to listen to my standard internet radio station, contemporary-classical.com.  Tonight, it's musicmusicmic .. rest .. musi ..rest.. musicmu ..rest .. ic .. rest .. music musi ..rest.. etc, etc, etc.  You get the idea.  I've turned it off but wistfully remember the good old days when my FM radio faithfully broadcast classical music.  KVOD went off the air here in Boulder, so it's either CDs or internet radio.  Well, I guess I'm stuck with CDs.  

I've been using the internet a lot today and had horrible results with ssh.  Comcast kept dropping my connections in mid-stream.  Scp wasn't much better, with long delays as I tried to move files from my workstation to remote servers.  

It must have been the snow, freezing the bits.  It couldn't be a faulty Comcast router.

No comments: